PowMr Growatt 5000W Solar Inverter Charger With Built-in MPPT 100A Solar Battery Regulator DC 48V System Output AC 220V Max PV 500V
This is a multifunctional off grid solar inverter, integrated with a MPPT solar charge controller, a high frequency pure sine wave inverter and a UPS function module in one machine, which is perfect for off grid backup power and self-consumption applications.
The whole system also need other devices to achieve complete running such as PV modules, generator, or utility grid. Please consult with your system integrator for other possible system architectures depending on your requirements. The WiFi / GPRS module is a plug-and-play monitoring device to be installed on the inverter. With this device, users can monitor the status of the PV system from the mobile phone or from the website anytime anywhere.
- Brand: Powmr
- Product Model: SPF 5000TL HVM-WPV
- Rated power 5KW, power factor 1
- MPPT ranges 120V~430V, 450Voc
- High frequency inverter with small size and light weight
- Pure sine wave AC output
- With CAN/RS485 for BMS communication
- WIFI/ GPRS remote monitoring (optional)
- Parallel operation available (optional)
- LCD display
- Status indicator
- Charging indicator
- Fault indicator
- Function buttons
- AC input
- WiFi/GPRS communication port
- USB communication port
- CAN communication Port
- RS485 communication Port
- Dry contact
- PV input
- Power on/off switch
- Battery input
- Parallel communication ports (for parallel model)
- Current sharing ports (for parallel model)
- AC output
- Circuit breaker
Unpacking And Inspection
Before installation, please inspect the unit. Be sure that nothing inside the package is damaged. You should have received the following items in the package:
- The unit x 1
- User manual x 1
- Communication cable x 1
- Software CD x 1
Before connecting all wiring, please take off bottom cover by removing two screws as shown below.
Mounting the Unit
Consider the following points before selecting where to install:
- Do not mount the inverter on flammable construction materials.
- Mount on a solid surface
- Install this inverter at eye level in order to allow the LCD display to be read at all times.
- The ambient temperature should be between 0°C and 55°C to ensure optimal operation.
- The recommended installation position is to be adhered to the wall vertically.
- Be sure to keep other objects and surfaces as shown in the right diagram to guarantee sufficient heat dissipation and to have enough space for removing wires.
SUITABLE FOR MOUNTING ON CONCRETE OR OTHER NON-COMBUSTIBLE SURFACE ONLY.
Install the unit by screwing three screws. It’s recommended to use M4 or M5 screws.
Lead-acid Battery Connection
User can choose proper capacity lead acid battery with a nominal voltage at 48V for 5KVA You need to choose battery type as “AGM(default) or FLD”
CAUTION: For safety operation and regulation compliance, it’s requested to install a separate DC over-current protector or disconnect device between battery and inverter. It may not be requested to have a disconnect device in some applications, however, it’s still requested to have over-current protection installed. Please refer to typical amperage in below table as required fuse or breaker size.
WARNING! All wiring must be performed by a qualified person.
WARNING! It's very important for system safety and efficient operation to use appropriate cable for battery connection. To reduce risk of injury, please use the proper recommended cable and terminal size as below
Recommended battery cable and terminal size:
Please follow below steps to implement battery connection:
- Assemble battery ring terminal based on recommended battery cable and terminal size.
- Connect all battery packs as units requires. It’s suggested to connect at least 100Ah capacity battery for 3KVA model and at least 200Ah capacity battery for 5KVA model.
- Insert the ring terminal of battery cable flatly into battery connector of inverter and make sure the bolts are tightened with torque of 2Nm. Make sure polarity at both the battery and the inverter/charge is correctly connected and ring terminals are tightly screwed to the battery terminals.
Lithium Battery Connection
If choosing lithium battery for 48V Model, you are allowed to use the lithium battery only which have configured. There're two connectors on the lithium battery, RJ45 port of BMS and power cable.
Please follow below steps to implement lithium battery connection:
- Assemble battery ring terminal based on recommended battery cable and terminal size (same as Lead acid, see section Lead-acid Battery connection for details) .
- Insert the ring terminal of battery cable flatly into battery connector of inverter and make sure the bolts are tightened with torque of 2-3Nm. Make sure polarity at both the battery and the inverter/charge is correctly connected and ring terminals are tightly screwed to the battery terminals.
- Connect the end of RJ45 of battery to BMS communication port of inverter
- The other end of RJ45 insert to battery comm port.
Note: if choosing lithium battery, make sure to connect the BMS communication cable between the battery and the inverter. You need to choose battery type as “lithium battery”
This document is intended for qualified persons and end users. Tasks that do not require any particular qualification can also be performed by end users. Qualified persons must have the following skills:
- Knowledge of how an inverter works and is operated
- Training in how to deal with the dangers and risks associated with installing and using electrical devices and installations
- Training in the installation and commissioning of electrical devices and installations
- Knowledge of the applicable standards and directives
- Knowledge of and compliance with this document and all safety information
Line Mode SpecificationsGeneral Specifications
Inverter Mode Specifications
Charge Mode Specifications
Correct Connecting Order : Battery - solar panel - load
Disconnect : solar panel - battery - load