Governments all over the world have ambitious targets for renewable energy. The aim of such targets is to monitor and oversee the energy market in relation to how much CO2 emissions can be reduced by installing solar power systems or any other renewable energy source, and to reduce reliance on fossil fuel energy sources, which is on its way to becoming extinct.
What is the STCs certificate?
An award from a government-owned company called Clean Energy Regulator represents CO2 emissions savings as a result of installing a small-scale solar system. Thus, it's a measure of how much CO2 emissions your solar system installation will reduce, as well as a testament to the safety of the product.
During the installation of your small scale solar system, calculations will be performed by the clean energy regulator to determine how many solar thermal certificates can be generated during your solar system's lifetime, which is also a measurement of how much renewable energy your solar system will generate.
How can you get paid for STC certificates?
In order to trade your STC certificates for cash, you need to provide them to your solar system installation company after you receive them.
You are offered a discount on the price of your solar system equal to the price they will receive if you purchase these certificates. The rebate you received was applied toward the price of the solar system.
Here are a few things to keep in mind about STC certificates:
Here are 5 important keys about such certificate:
1. You will not get paid via the government, but through your solar system installation company.
2. It’s a tradable certificate, so it varies from time to time, and not constant.
3. Depending on your location and the time of creation, the amount of STCs you receive from the solar system company varies.
4. In order to be approved to trade STC certificates, the solar installation company must follow certain requirements and rules established by the clean energy regulator.
5. The STCs certificates have 12-month validity time period after creation, and it will void if this time period exceeded.
Solar companies usually advertise the deducted prices of their STC certificates to attract customers, since STC certificates are actually treated as rebates applied to your solar system price.